[ale] OT: Can MS IE Really Be This Broken?

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Tue Sep 21 10:23:25 EDT 2004

I definitely understand the fondness of CSS, and prefer them myself.
But, believe it or not, there are good reasons to use tables rather than
CSS sometimes.  For example, if you're outputting HTML and you want it
to look nice.  It's really easy to stick a <table> just before a loop,
have the loop spit out <tr><td> (repeat for each column), at the end,
spit out a </tr>, and then, close the whole thing up with a </table>
tag.  If you've got 1 row returned or 10000, you can (usually) be sure
that it will be formatted as expected.  Quick, simple, and effective.
Much like deciding to use a 'manual' screwdriver instead of a power
screwdriver.  Sometimes, the old, tried and true, 'manual' screwdriver
is just better suited for the job.
--
registered linux user # 73046

Nathan J. Underwood