[ale] Vonage invite?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 20 17:54:25 EDT 2004

Steve Tynor wrote:
> I've decided to take the plunge and drop Bellsouth in favor of Vonage.
> I understand that there's some sort of promotion where existing Vonage
> customers can get a rebate if they refer a new customer.  Anyone want to
> refer me?
>
> (and I suppose I ought to solicit any last words of caution before I do
> this :-))

Came home to find my secondary line with no dial tone.  Caller id says
BellSuck called for an unknown reason at 9:51 am.  I reported the
problem and they tell me it will be fixed by 7pm Wed.  I called and
talked to one of their semi-humans who told me that's the best they can do.

Vonage, here I come.  I'm going to dump my business line right after
they get it working again.  I am so SICK AND TIRED OF BELLSOUTH AND
THEIR MONOPOLY ATTITUDE.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995