[ale] Vonage invite?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Sun Sep 19 15:18:04 EDT 2004

Courtney,

For what it's worth (and full disclosure: I'm always looking for
referrals so I save money on my bill ;)) - I've been happy with Vonage
so far.. good quality calls, simple setup, proficient technical support
(I accidentally reset some configuration settings which I shouldn't have
and they steered me clear), and pretty inexpensive for what you get.  I
use Vonage quite a bit to phone the UK since international calls are
pretty cheap.  Obviously there're cheaper options (skype etc. come to
mind) but Vonage has all seemed very professional and useful.  Only
other downsides I can think of are that a) power dies, so does the
phoneline (I fall back on my cell, anyhow) and b) I think Atlanta 404
numbers are unavailable, as are some other exchanges.

Um, and let me know if you'd like a referral. ;)

--George