[ale] VNC viewers for linux

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 18 16:43:16 EDT 2004

Here check these links out for lbxproxy and dxpc used for increasing
remote X display speed.  These are obviously old projects that aren't
being really improved now.  Probably this is due to DSL and Cable
becoming so popular.  However, it sure looks promising for improving an
X connection if you wanted to do that.  I think two fast machines at
each end of a VPN and then using these techniques inside the provided
tunnel would be a possible solution.

DXPC
http://www.vigor.nu/dxpc/
http://www.stanford.edu/services/pubsw/package/x/dxpc.html
http://www.jcraft.com/jdxpc/

Lbxproxy
http://www.paulandlesley.org/faqs/LBX-HOWTO.html
http://www.gelatinous.com/aaron/tips/lbxproxy
http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/xauth-6.html#ss6.3

All of the links are pretty old so pay attention to outdated info but
essential stuff for classic commands like xauth is the same, AFAIK.
Dow