[ale] VNC + KDE

Fri Sep 17 09:15:50 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 08:42, David Corbin wrote:
> Does anybody know what I need to put in my .vnc/xstartup so that it starts KDE
> rather then twm?
>
> Also,,, currently I'm starting vncserver from my user, but I think I'd rather
> ti be started in init.d, and users would get logged in.  Any pointers on this
> would be appreciated....
>
> Diavd

To start KDE, edit the file xstartup in .vnc in the users home
directory. cd /home/user/.vnc   .... vi xstartup
at the bottom of the file you will see something like gnome & or blah
&... to start KDE instead, replace with KDE &.

To start VNC automatically, edit your inetd scripts. On my suse machine
it is under /etc/xinetd.d but if you are on redhat or something it might
be /etc/inetd.d or /etc/init.d/inetd.d . Anyhow in that dir you will see
the vnc script. Change from disable = yes to disable = no. And change
whatever configuration settings you need to, like the resolution, etc.

Emil