[ale] Online Store Package

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 16 09:18:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 10:09, Nick Travis wrote:
> I've been looking into some packages for creating an online store,
> anyone used anything that they liked/disliked?  I don't need anything
> real complex and for payment using paypal would probably be the
> easiest option.

If all you need is paypal, use the paypal "buy me" buttons and a paypal
merchant setup. It basically uses a cut-n-paste href tag to add items to
a shopping cart at paypal where the buyer then closes the sale.

If you want a full-fledged, open source e-commerce system, Interchange
is the most feature complete out there. (www.icdevgroup.org) It is all
perl and database of Postgresql or Mysql (oracle is you want, flat files
if the site is small, all in memory database if it's really small and
you need speed!) It does not qualify in the "easy" department as the
learning curve can be steep. But is can all be controlled through a
browser once the install is done.