[ale] PC-C64 connection

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Sep 13 23:24:21 EDT 2004

>From the first google hit on ["commodore 64" data transfer]

http://www.funet.fi/pub/cbm/crossplatform/transfer/transfer.html#wire-misc-serial

Looks like a pretty comprehensive list of software and hardware options,
including direct parallel and serial port hookups.

And for those of you chuckling about "C64", you haven't seen the slick little
circuit bundle I got to see this past weekend .  A couple of Amiga friends of
mine are in final stage FPGA prototype of a 3.5" sqare Commodore 64
recreation that will run on minimal current, supports a  4,096 color 1024x768
display, up to 4 megs of ram, ps2 kyboard, a 488 disk drive port, serial
headers and two contact (game style / C64 / amiga / atari) joystick-mouse
ports.

Some interesting potential applications, especially if they can ship it with a
small screen at under a hundred.

So, do you think there are any 8 bit linux kernels out there??

peace
aaron