[ale] ALE NW meeting

Mon Sep 13 22:31:20 EDT 2004

Trey Sizemore wrote:

>If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to have a presentation on setting up a
>mail server on linux.  Port forwarding, spam detection, and all that goes with
>it.
>
>Emil, would you feel comfortable doing something like this on short notice?

I can definatelly put together the steps needed for a configuration.
Postfix as the MTA, Spamassassin and Cyrus for handling mail to users.
However, for next month, I am hoping to get Jonathan Higgins, the
gentleman that administers KSU 's e-mail servers to be the presenter for
ALE-NW. He has a lot more experience (especially with large scale e-mail
deployment) than I would. Also he knows the latest and greatest ways to
protect your e-mail server from spam / viruses , etc. I can however
bring for you the steps necessary for configuration. I can log on
remotely to my machine and show you what has to be configured and where
everything has to go.
But for the real presentation, I would love to have Mr. Higgins give the
presentation. I spoke to him over the summer and he seemed interested in
doing a couple of presentations for us. Unfortunately, I did not get
ahold of him for this month's meeting.

Sincerely Yours,
Emil