[ale] Anyone successfully used build in wireless on HP laptops?

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:46:57 EDT 2004

I'm still struggling with this one.  I had installed a new kernel
(2.6.8.1) and gotten it to work briefly.  It would even scan networks
with "iwlist wlan0 scann".  It just stopped and I haven't been able to
get it to work at all since.  The modprobe command keeps returning
"can't copy from user" as an error message.  Anybody know what that
means?