[ale] Fast NFS

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 12 18:14:13 EDT 2004

Thats possible I suppose, but glibc is not one of
them.  Thats what he was trying to compile was it not?
I still suggest leaving the complicated and large
packages up to a cross compiler.  It will save much time
and headaches.

In your experience what programs are unfriendly to
compile with a cross compiler?  So I do not have to
fight with them in future.  I have not run into many,
and the entire uClinux distro has tackled that problem
on many different software packages, so I usually pick
from there if I can.  In my experience almost anything
that is set up to use autotools is very cross compiler
friendly, assuming your environment is set up properly.
It did not used to be this way however.

Mike