[ale] Anyone successfully used build in wireless on HP laptops?

Richard ratcheson at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 14:27:16 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 05:57 am, Philip Polstra wrote:
> I teach computer science (plus math, physics, and aviation) at a local
> high school.  For all of our programming classes we use Fedora Core 1.
>  I recently set up my HP Pavilion zv5000 series laptop to dual boot XP
> and FC2.  I have yet to be able get the wireless to work.  I have the
> dreaded Broadcom chipset.  In particular chipset BCM4306/BCM2050 on
> board V103C D12F4 Rev 4.4.
>
> I've tried NDISWrapper, but every time I try to activate the interface
> the computer locks solid.  Anyone else have success with one of these?
>  I have wireless at the school, at my office at the airport, and at my
> house so it would really be convienent to get this working.
>
> Thanks,

I've used the ndiswrapper on SuSE 9.0 & 9.1 on a Compaq and other Laptops
and desktops with little trouble.  I have a HowTo written for newbies that
gives fairly detailed steps for installation if you're interested.  Maybe
you can adapt it to FC2 and others could benefit from it.  Let me know if
you would like a copy.
Richard

--
Old age ain't for Sissies!