[ale] Abby Wombach\Hardware Issues

fostermail at bellsouth.net fostermail at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 6 07:59:50 EDT 2004

A filesystem on a PowerPC drive or UltraSparc II is going to be different than for a i386? But if I provided for the residence of an iso image of the appropriate distribution on the target drive, I could direct dselect to it, maybe.

Did anyone buy one of those motherboards with the 12Ax7 [a|u] socket, for warmer highs, or know if they can be had in the area (outside of ebay?)

I am waiting for the same design engineers to route power out of the case's supply to a wall-wart patch panel, although this still doesn't make the wires go away, but might be more efficient with the electricity.

The subject is, of course, that happy girl on the front page of the Atlanta Guffaw Constitution, which is a rare sight in my realm.

"I am gross and perverted,
 I'm obsessed and deranged.
 I have existed for years,
 though very little has changed*
 I'm the tool of the government,
 and industry too
 for I am destined to rule,
 and regulate you.
 I may be vile and pernicious
 but you can't look away-
 I make you think I'm delicious,
 with the stuff that I say.
 I'm the best you can get.
 Have you guessed me, yet?
 I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set."
-Frank Zappa

[What's rather hanging me up is the pin-out for the add-on PS/2 sockets; have to look for VC and ground.]