[ale] Question for mutt users

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 5 15:15:06 EDT 2004

My index_format is currently set to the following in my .muttrc:

"%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L (%4l) %s"

I've been trying to rearrange it so that the index looks like the
following:

1 r+ This is a mail subject             John Smith      08/06/04 3:30PM
(2k)
2       |_                                                Jen Brown
08/06/04 3:59PM  (3k)
3    Another subject                          Tim Jones       08/07/04
2:30PM  (5k)

Is this possible?  In general, I'm trying to move the subject to the
left (and
increase the number of lines displayed in that column), add the local
time and
message size, as well as keep all the columns aligned (padded?).

Would someone be able to help me out with this?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject
which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not
bear serious examination is false wit.
-- Aristotle

3:11pm up 1 day 16:45, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.22
Linux salamander 2.6.8-6cvs20040902123957-default #1 Thu Sep 2 12:39:57
UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux