[ale] OT - Unreal Tournament (not 2k4)

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Fri Sep 3 15:03:58 EDT 2004

Does anyone here play Unreal Tournament on Linux?  I've got a UT server
on Linux, but recently decided to try to actually play the game on
Linux.  The install went great, I'm at v436, installed Bonus Pack 1, and
I was ready to play.  When I fired up the game though, it was running at
a crawl.  The image looked really nice, it was just very slow.  As an
example, the intro movie was moving frame by frame.  Below are the specs
(that I know to look for) on the machine.

AMD 850MHz
768MB RAM (PC133)
ATI Rage 128 Pro video

Fedora Core 1
XFree86-4.3.0-42
XFree86-Mesa-libGL-4.3.0-42

I'm trying to run the machine at 800x600 with 32bit color.

registered linux user # 73046