[ale] SSH hangs

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 2 23:25:34 EDT 2004

Look at the options that ppp is using.  I know that you can work on
reducing the packet size as well as playing with other options.  I
remember back when we were using PPP tunnels combined with SSH for a VPN
that Bob had to work on the PPP options to get the connection stable.
We found an upper limit on the number of packets the pppd daemon would
accept too!  Unfortunately, I don't remember the options he changed from
defaults.  Sorry,
Dow