[ale] Fry's Opening

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Sep 2 01:01:12 EDT 2004

I was out of town opening day... installing my daughter unit (and her Mandrake
10 Linux desktop) into her college dorm room near White Plains, New York.

Got back into Georgia on I-85 about 7:00pm on Monday night, so I talked my
partner into stopping at Fry's for a "leg stretch" on the way into Atlanta :-)
( though she seemed to have more fun ogling toys than I did)!

What a treat that place is!  I hadn't been in one since 2 years ago in San
Francisco.  Total geek heaven. I not only ran across two other ALE folk, but
got to chat with an Amiga cohort I hadn't seen in several years (we had
worked together on an Amiga kiosk project at one time).

Just wanted to add...

On Monday 30 August 2004 13:12, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> I went around 09:30 on Saturday morning. Hours are 08:00-21:00 M-F,
> 09:00-21:00 Sat, and  12:00-19:00 Sun.  It's located  at the
> intersection of Ring Road and Commerce Avenue outside of Gwinnett Place
> Mall. I dragged one buddy along and  met up with another friend while
> there, so the three of us explored the place for about an hour and a
> half.
[scissors of bandwidth niceness]

> I managed a couple of photos before a store clerk caught me --  the
> bystander I handed my camera to for the ALE Picture couldn't figure out
> how to work it, so all I have are random shots. I guess I'm glad that
> they didn't smash my camera and throw me out on the curb. I'll try to
> get what I have on the TWiki in the next couple of days.
>
> Plus, I conquered my Debian system and actually burned my first
> MP3->Audio CD Saturday! W00H00!
>
> -- CHS

Thanks for the "review", too,. Charles! Good points on what's good to get
there. It's not heaven, but it's not Nebraska either.

peace
aaron