[ale] OT: DVD Rental

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Oct 30 13:14:18 EDT 2004

I've canceled by Blockbuster account for 2 reasons.

#1.  Distribution Demographics
#2.  It is only valid at the store you sign up.  Which makes #1
  a pita.

I was in NY and I saw many DVDs for rent that my BB does not have.  I've
decided that since I can not use my pass at the many BB's around me it
is worthless to me.  I want to sign up for an online service but I
want to make sure the distribution center is located on the east coast
or even Atlanta so I do not have to wait many days for a return and a
new rental.  Does anyone here have any suggestions?

BB is starting to piss me off with the game pass too.  Same demographic
deal but they do not have the release for rent on the day of release.
They have it for sale.  So a new release is available for rent a few
days later if it is available at all.  Since I must be a minority it
what genres and characters I like I'm getting screwed because BB does
not carry some of the stuff I'm looking for.  Therefor I have a
supplemental online membership from a company in NJ so I can rent what
BB refuses to carry.  Waste of cash.