[ale] System advice for a newbie

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Oct 29 10:49:40 EDT 2004

Another trick is to  bring a Knoppix CD with you to the store.  Before
purchasing, stick it in an reboot off the CD.  Knopix does a very nice job of
detecting hardware and activating it.  Make sure that Knoppix finds all the
hardware.

I haven't actually tested Knoppix with things like SATA hard drive or firewire
ports.  They are probably detected and used, too.

Michael