[ale] Business opportunity...

jeff hbbs at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 13:30:16 EDT 2004

I see a marked flaw in the analogy.  In the 1950s, developing a
pacemaker would unquestionably have been a cutting-edge engineering feat
with a tremendously lucrative potential.  But fifty years later, setting
up a LAMP-based Web server is about as cutting-edge as it would have
been to manufacture an ice cream cone in the 1950s.

A great many worthless businesses rose and fell in the late 1990s based
around innumerable business models all having a Web server at their
core.  Especially having recognized the "HTML/UI design partner"
language from ventures I personally saw go down in flames, I perceive a
request for free IT consulting.

- Jeff