[ale] DNS problems with comcast, anyone?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Oct 26 12:03:32 EDT 2004

I'm having name resolution problems at home, and I was wondering if it was my
router, or my ISP (Comcast).  Is anyone else having this problem?

With alarming frequency, name resolution is failing.  If I load a web page I
get a "hostname not found" error.  Usually, reloading the web page makes it
load.

Possibly the same thing is that pages seem to load very slowly, too.  If DNS
is taking a long time that could cause it.

I have a Netgear router in between me and my ISP which acts as a DNS relay,
and it seems like that could be the problem, or it could be Comcast having
problems.  Do any of y'all have similar problems with comcast?

Thanks,

Michael