[ale] Stumped by Slashdot and network problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 24 06:49:08 EDT 2004

John Wells wrote:
> Jim Popovitch said:
>
>> Is it possibly blocked by Norton Firewall (or such)?  What about
>
> cookies?  Also check IE security zone settings.
>
> Nope....nothing like that.  I'm using Firefox anyway.
>
> I've found a few posts on Google indicating this *may* be a problem
> with the mtu being set incorrectly, but increasing/decreasing the
> MTU/MRU set on the ppp0[-N] interfaces created by poptop when a
> client connects doesn't seem to have any effect.

This is interesting.  Back when I was with AT&T, there was one corporate
site on the intranet I could not get to via vpn from home.  The solution
was to change the MTU value.  But this problem was the opposite of what
you're having.  I could get to it via windows, but not Linux.

There are windows sniffers, have you tried something like that?

--
Until later, Geoffrey