[ale] [OT] Disabling Disk Write Caching on Windows XP?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:37:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:25:57 -0400, Jonathan Rickman <jdr at xcorps.net> wrote:

> > Does anyone know how to do that in Windows XP.  I''ve tried
> > googling, but without any luck.
> >
> > Sorry for the off-topic post, but I need help.
>

> Right click the drive. Select properties. Click the hardware tab. Select the
> correct device. Click properties. Go to the policies tab. The setting is
> there.

Unfortunately not.  That is the cache on the drive itself.  I already
have it disabled, but the problem continues.

FYI: In Linux the disk's write cache is controlled by "hdparm", not
"mount -o sync".  It is the "mount -o sync" functiionality of Linux I
am trying to duplicate in Windows XP, if possible.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer