[ale] teaching opportunity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 19 18:54:52 EDT 2004

Jonathan Rickman wrote:

  -----Original Message-----

> Behalf Of Mike Millson
>
> Yes, it was an embarrassment for ALE.
>
> I think you could say the same for the training company. Sure,
> Geoffrey could have taken it easy on her...but then again, he raises
> some very valid points. I tend to be a little...ahem...direct myself
> at times, so I tend to look more at _what_ is said rather than _how_
> it is being said. There are several lessons to be learned here, and
> based on the information presented in the discussion by the original
> poster...most of those lessons apply to her rather than the ALE list
> membership. Perhaps Jim can provide more insight, as he has
> apparently been in contact with her. Until such insight is provided,
> I'm not going to join in the "pile on Geoff" frenzy.

I can take it. :)  I'm known for my straight shooting, and yes, there
are times some of those shots went into my own foot.  I then, of course
stuck that foot in my mouth...

Just the same, Jonathan has summed it up well I think.  I just don't
like training organizations that don't do it right.  This appears to me
to be such a case.  When I was with AT&T, I got close to a month of
training each year.  I learned real quickly that not all training
organizations are the same.

I personally don't see this a reflection of ALE, maybe me, but hey, I'm
okay with that.

Now as far as the presid,,, err, never mind...

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995