[ale] Teaching Opportunity

Lisa Bell lisa at accelebrate.com
Mon Oct 18 22:43:34 EDT 2004

Here is what the class needs to cover,

Managing the LAMP installation in a ISP type environment:

How to keep each customers webspace separate and secure from others.
How to install and configure Perl.
How to create and secure cgi-bin for each webspace.
How to install and configure FTP.
How to create FTP users and assign rights to each webspace.
How to create and secure MySQL databases for each webspace.
(PHPMyAdmin?)
How to install and configure FrontPage Extensions.
How to install and configure SSH access for each webspace.
How to configure error logs for each separate webspace.
How to configure Virtual Hosts in Apache.
How to install and configure Analog with ReportMagic for each webspace.

What machines and versions this will be taught on I am not aware of at
this time but will have at the time of discussing in greater detail with
interested persons.