[ale] Teaching Opportunity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 18 22:28:49 EDT 2004

Lisa Bell wrote:
>>From the information that I have regarding the class, the class is to
> cover all the LAMP technologies but focus on PHP and probably MySQL.
> This is why I sent out a general posting to find interested persons and
> then get into the specifics of this customized class.

Your original posting to the list stated:

"This is a 2-day class in Columbus, GA and the topic
covers the installation and maintenance of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP."

I'm trying to understand how have moved from 'covers the installation
and maintenance' to 'focus on PHP and probably MySQL.'  Do you have a
curriculum?

You need to better define your needs.  Terms like 'focus,' 'probably,'
'covers the installation and maintenance' don't even sound like you're
talking about the same class.

Will the installation of Linux and Apache be taught?  Will you have any
Linux boxes used during the class?

If you indeed need someone to simply teach PHP and MySQL, that's a lot
less than someone who can teach 'the installation and maintenance of
Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.'

I'm trying to understand what it is you really are looking for.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995