[ale] OT: KVM Switches?

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon Oct 18 22:18:11 EDT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 06:06 pm, Stephen Leonard wrote:
|  Plus, the
| video display is degraded for me, which is tough to deal with when
| staring at it for eight hours or so.

Stephen,
this is most likely the result of cheap video cables.
The ones coming from the various computers TO the
KVM switch should be high quality cables (read much
thicker than standard) and the one from the switch to the
monitor should be short; i.e. don't put an extender
on it. I had similar problems until I replaced the
video cables and routed them away from the power cords.

Sean