[ale] Authors, Small Businesses, Consultants etc.

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Mon Oct 18 06:48:16 EDT 2004

Well, here is what I got:

On my latest Church Mission trip to Panama, I installed 41 PCs (PIIs
350/550) with Guadalinex EDU, a  spanish Knoppix
spin-off from AndaLucia built for the Educational Environment, and 4pcs
with SuSe Linux 9.1 (2 english and 2 in spanish).
Ten PCs stayed at the mission and 33 were donated to the local school
system.
Activities involved a crash course on Open Source/Linux and numerous
books/tutorials in spanish and english.
My wife and I plan to go back next year and implement:
networking/colaboration software/web, etc.

While in Panama, I was invited to implement Linux in all Government
branches of Tanzania and Mozanbique, a two year
effort which I had to decline but let myself available for any help/tech
support they needed.

I have some pictures of the lab and the PCs being built plus the mission
itself.

If that interests you, let me know and I can write you a summary and
forward you the pictures as well.

Sergio