[ale] OT: Bush Regime Bomb & Bankrupt Economics: Nothing Conservative, Everything Fraud

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Oct 18 01:29:35 EDT 2004

[ Purely in the interests of maintaining some semblance of equal time balance
to the inappropriate political debate posts from equally discourteous ALE
list members... ]

Even with a capable, heroic commander like John Kerry at the fiscal helm,
can we hope that our children's children will ever be able to escape from the
deep, grand canyon pit of deficits being dug by the installed Bush regime in
their wanton rush to whore our country to its wealthy elitists and corporape
billionaires?  Bomb and Bankrupt is the continuing radical republican plan
for war on the middle class, and their singular goal is to steal the
retirement savings that generations of hard working American's  have placed
in the Social Security trust fund.

True conservatives, of course, denounce the Bush regime's economic
incompetence and fraud. They are backing Kerry in their belief that we can
yet restore the Clinton era fiscal responsibility and balanced Federal
budgets,  saving America from decades of indentured servitude.

<
Excerpt below from full Providence Journal article:
http://www.projo.com/opinion/contributors/content/projo_20041015_15prest.327dd1.html

Clyde Prestowitz: 'The conservative case for Kerry'
Date: Saturday, October 16 @ 07:37:06 EDT
Topic: Election 2004

By Clyde Prestowitz, Providence Journal

AS A FORMER Reagan-administration official, registered Republican,
born-again Christian, and traditional conservative, I am going to vote for
John Kerry. So are many other old-line Republicans. Here's why.

While the Bush administration calls itself "conservative," its use of the
term is frankly Orwellian. It not only deprives the word of meaning, but
also presents the administration's philosophy as the opposite of what it
actually is.

Conservatives have always believed in fiscal responsibility: in being sure
you could pay your way and in providing for the future. Conservatives pay
down debt, rather than adding to it. This doesn't necessarily mean balancing
the budget every year, but at a minimum it means striving toward balance as
a top priority.

The Bush approach is completely at odds with such thinking. If any proof
were needed, it was amply provided in the president's acceptance speech at
the Republican National Convention. With Congressional Budget Office
projections showing oceans of red ink for the indefinite future, President
Bush promised more tax cuts [for the wealthiest 1%]. ...