[ale] Code Of Ethics OS

Bjorn Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:36:57 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Emil P. Man wrote:

> ALErs.
>
> My department chair here at KSU would like the Linux Users Group along with
> other student organizations to produce a code of ethics that complies with
> the beliefs of our organization. I have googled this topic, Code of Ethics in
> Open Source however, I was unsuccesful in finding anything pertinent. Here is
> my predicament: Code of ethics for other computer industry groups do not
> necesarrily fallow the views of open source, or they need to be more specific
> in regards to open source software and our beliefs as a community.
>
> I might be forced here to grab things from here and there and just put
> something together from scratch.
>
> Do you guys have any resources that you have found helpful?
> Any Ideas?

Here are some things you might have missed. They address ethics, but I
realize they are not exactly what you are looking for. You might be able
to cut and paste, though:

An excellent systems adiministrator code of ethics:
 	http://www.sage.org/ethics.mm

There are some excelent policy guidelines/suggestions in "Unix Systems
Adminstrator handbook"

Here are some comments on open source research ethics:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/ralph/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3274336338

 	bjorn

Bjorn Roche
XO Audio LLC