[ale] [OT] Is the Squeak license an OSS license?

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Oct 14 04:02:42 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out if the Smalltalk environment called Squeak
<http://www.squeak.org> is legally/officially an open-source
product. The applicable license seems to meet all the OSI requirements
for OSS-ness, but that license is not specifically listed on
<http://www.opensource.org> as an OSS license. Google wasn't much
help, either. It's possible that the Squeak license was simply
overlooked, as it's a rather obscure one. (Though since the Croquet
project got /.ed yesterday it may become less so.) Does anyone
know of an on-line resource that addresses this question?

(Also, if this message actually shows up on the list, can someone
please let me know? I've sent a few messages over the past few
weeks that haven't appeared on the list AFAIK. I *do* have
"Receive my own messages" set in Mailman.)

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka
This space not unintentionally left nonblank.