[ale] PHP Challenge - Any takers?

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Wed Oct 13 10:08:21 EDT 2004

I downloaded, compiled and successfully installed eGroupware.
Using
Everything works perfectly BUT the email function. It uses AngleMail as the
mail server.
Error is below:

Warning: Couldn't open stream {xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:110/pop3}INBOX in
/var/www/html/egroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php on line 184

Warning: Couldn't open stream {xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:110/pop3}INBOX in
/var/www/html/egroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php on line 184

There was an error trying to connect to your mail server.
Please, check your username and password, or contact your admin.

source: email class.mail_msg_base.inc.php

called from: , mail_msg: ensure_stream_and_folder(), called_from: from
mail_msg_base: loginerr_tryagain_buggy_cert FOR , msg_bootstrap:
ensure_mail_msg_exists(), called_by: email.boindex.index_data LINE 353

imap_last_error: [Certificate failure for xxx.xxx.xxx.xx: self signed
certificate:
/C=--/ST=SomeState/L=SomeCity/O=SomeOrganization/OU=SomeOrganizationalUnit/CN=localhost.localdomain/Email=root at localhost.localdomain]
tried RH bug recovery?: [1]

Email Account Name: [myname]
Mail Server: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xx]
Mail Server type: [pop3]

if there is no obvious error, check your Email Account Name and password
first.
then check the Mail Server, and Mail Server type.

I checked the  imap_open() function on the PHP site and it seems to be
ok in the script.
I tried server.domainname.com and got the same results.

Does anybody know what may be happening here?

Thanks

Sergio

--
  ?v?          Sergio Chaves            ?v?
 /(_)\       www.turbocorp.com         /(_)\