[ale] Slackware to drop Gnome?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:50:07 EDT 2004

> The "menu bar".  A menu is the thing that pops ups... :)
>
> I googled for Fitt's Law, and I think that the "Windows style" of menubar (in
> the application window) would be more appropritate than the "Mac style" with
> regard to Fitt's law.  What am I missing?

I have a similar question - I work with a number of applications
active at the same time - not all of them have the saem menubar items,
so this use of Fitt's Law would imply that my menubar would be
redrawing every time I moved the mouse off one application onto
another.

Now, Macs may not have this problem, being a monoculture w/r/t
application software, but Linux is tres diverse, and lots of apps have
different menubar items.

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps