[ale] find usage...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 11 05:48:57 EDT 2004

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the difference between these two "find" commands
> is?
>
> find . -atime +6 -exec ll | more
> find . -atime +6 -exec ll | more \;

-exec looks for a ';' as the command terminator.  I wouldn't expect
either of these to work though.  The first does not have the command
terminator.  The second does not have the requisite '{}' although I
suspect that it may work, providing misleading results, assuming that
'll' will simply be executed against the current directory.

The proper syntax is:

find . -atime +6 -exec ll {} \;

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995