[ale] More Lockups

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 14:57:34 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 08:04, David Corbin wrote:
> One other thing: I do have an NVIDIA card (w/ the latest drivers).  The card
> is old, and DOES have a known problem, in that sometimes a small region on
> the screen gets funny tints.  I do plan on replacing this, anyway, but does
> anyone think this would be the cause ?

Try booting into a mode that doesn't start X and see if you still
experience lockups.  My experience with video problems has always
revolved around X and mouse movements or window paints.  If it does
still lock up, I would get memtest and use it in boot mode (i forget
just how to do this but google should show you).

good luck,

-Jim P.