[ale] RE: sshd crashing, RH AS 3

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Oct 7 16:50:52 EDT 2004

>>>>> "gchendry" == gchendry  <gchendry at bellsouth.net> writes:

    gchendry> Found the issue.  Had another computer using the same IP
    gchendry> address intermediately, shame on me.  But, I find it
    gchendry> interesting that while running sshd in debug mode, that
    gchendry> I would get a write error and the program would stop
    gchendry> after the client would log on and then exit.

This is where tcpdump or ethereal comes in handy for debugging (as you
probably would have seen traffic from the same IP with 2 different
MACs, even if you couldn't look at the contents once encryption got
going).