[ale] Advice Dual Display DVI Lin/Windows

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 6 20:21:39 EDT 2004

Jonathan Glass wrote:
> Quoting "Hogg, Russell E." <Russell.Hogg at opm.gov>:
>

>>Looking for some advice on a good set of video card(s) that
>>
>>run in linux and windows easily
>>support DVI and
>>easily allow a dual headed display..
>>
>>Figure there's gotta be someone out there with a dual-headed DVI display.
>>
>>Anyone?
>>Anyone?
>>Bueller?
>>Bueller?

I'm running a dual, 22" viewsonic monitor and a 19" Samsung digital,
dvi.  The video card is ATI Radeon 9200 128mb.  In spite of the fact
that most folks seem to prefer the nvidia cards, I like the ATI cards.
This particular configured like a charm with SuSE 9.1 and Xfree.  I have
3d with a single monitor, it's not supported with dual heads.  Xinerama,
with Enlightenment and gnome panels.  Works like a champ.  I've thrown
up some snaps on a page, full size, 50% and 25% for those who would be
interested in checking them out.  Although it all comes out as one big
desktop image, in reality, the gkrellm apps are against the left side of
the second display.

http://www.3times25.net/dual/

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995