[ale] Postfix + MailScanner (+ SpamAssassin + Clamav)

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Oct 6 16:50:02 EDT 2004

I'm trying to setup the above, but I'm not having a lot of luck.  I have
a working Postfix install (Postfix + Dovecot), and can send and receive
messages without problem.  I downloaded the RPM's from the mailscanner
site, read the readme, and ran the install.sh.  Everything went fine, so
I moved on.  Went back to the website, and read the info on setting up
MailScanner with Postfix, and made the necessary changes (modified
/etc/postfix/main.cf, and added header_checks, added
/var/spool/postfix/hold, etc).  I then started up MailScanner (service
MailScanner start) while tailing the log.  All looked well, so I sent a
test email.  Took a second or two longer than normal (expected), but it
showed up.  I looked at the headers of the message I had just sent
expecting to see a line for my MailScanner / ClamAV / Spamassassin
setup, but saw nothing.  Perplexed, I then sent a copy of mydoom as an
email attachment (surely, that would throw up some flags), but it was
delivered without a problem.  I'm back to the MailScanner site now
trying to find what I've missed, but would welcome any gentle nudges in
the right direction from anyone out there that's already done it.

--
registered linux user # 73046