[ale] online bookmark manager

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Tue Oct 5 18:14:36 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 10:22 am, John Wells wrote:
> I'm growing frustrated trying to keep my Firefox bookmarked links in sync
> betwee home and work, and I'm looking at finding a easy to use
> solution...most likely adding some sort of web app to my home server and
> managing them from there.
>
> I've done a little googling, freshmeat'in and sf.net'in...there're a LOT
> of options out there.  Can anyone recommend a good (and preferably active)
> project that handles this?

I've been using Sitebar for a couple of years now and I'm very pleased with
it. It is LAMP application, though, so it needs all of those components. It
is extremely slick and quite actively maintained. You can try out the demo
at:

http://www.sitebar.org/

Plain old bookmarks functions in browsers just don't measure up after using
it.