[ale] Suse online package repositories?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Oct 3 19:27:20 EDT 2004

Guys,

Had to install Suse 9.1 Professional for my uncle over the weekend.  We
were converting a machine with an older obscure scsi bus, and Suse and
Fedora were the only two distros we could find that would work.  He's an
old Novell guy and a fan, so the Novell/Suse relationship tipped the
scales in that direction.

I'm not really much of a Suse fan, and like yast even less.  I'm very used
to using up2date or apt to update systems and install new features.  yast
offers online software options, but I can't seem to find a list of servers
that you can add (there are no defaults).

Can anyone point me in the direction of some online package repositories?
Does SUSE maintain an official list?

Thanks for the help!

John