[ale] Wireless Access Point MAC Addr

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 3 10:50:23 EDT 2004

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> I don't know what brand it is cause I don't have physical access to
> it and there are no outside markings. Since I don't have a hard wire
> connection to it I can't access its admin setup (not that I would
> have access to that info in the first place). I just thought that
> somewhere when you see available wireless networks you should be able
> to query a MAC address.

I don't know that that would be wise.  I don't believe I'd want to
publish the mac of the device, hence folks might be able to create a
man-in-the-middle attack.  I would expect you'll find it difficult to
determine this remotely.  If you can, it's likely a security flaw.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995