[ale] Heh heh. Happy Friday.

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Fri Oct 1 14:23:40 EDT 2004

This morning's NYT has a funny op-art piece entitled "Dialogue Boxes You
Should Have Read More Carefully".  You can see it here (
http://nytimes.com/pages/opinion/index.html ) ((DNA sample required)) by
looking for the head I quoted above. It's some kind of evil java pop-up,
so I can't give the url directly.  Choice quote:

Microsoft Office has quit unexpectedly due to an unknown error (-23).
Would you like to relaunch Microsoft Office and renounce all
class-action suits against Microsoft?

<<yes>>   <<no>>

Pretty cool, for the Mainstream Media. I been reading Lawrence Lessig's
_Free_Culture_ -- it kind of struck a nerve.

-- CHS