[ale] 802.11g

Elbridge Gerry Puckett egp at math.ucdavis.edu
Wed May 26 21:54:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just purchased an IBM ThinkPad R50p and installed Fedora Core 2 on it.
Almost everything works reasonably well except that I can't get the wireless
hardware to work.  The wireless works fine under the Windows XP OS that it the
R50p came with from IBM.  Can someone please give me a few tips on figuring out
which module and parameters I need to select when using the Network
Configuration Tool (usr/bin/system-config-network) to connect the wireless
hardware device to eth1 and get everything up and running?

BTW I have experience getting the wireless hardware to work on my ThinkPad A30p
with Fedora Core 1.  There I used the ornico_pc module.  However, that module
doesn't appear in the drop-down list with the that appears with the  Network
Configuration Tool that comes with Fedora Core 2.

Thanks,

- Gerry

--
Elbridge Gerry Puckett                               phone:   530-752-7543
Professor                                            message: 530-752-0827
University of California, Davis              email:   egp at math.ucdavis.edu
One Shields Avenue                       URL: http://math.ucdavis.edu/~egp
Davis, California 95616