[ale] printer not working under Suse...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun May 23 23:36:25 EDT 2004

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I noticed that printing doesn't seem to be the same in Suse 9.0.
> I never got the printer working correctly under that version.
> However, I have not experienced any problems with 8.2 or 9.1.

I've been able to get my laser printer working the same way under both
9.0 and 9.1.  It has a network card in it, so it's pretty straight
forward from that perspective.  Rather than go the cups solution, I've
just got all my boxes hitting it straight.

Cups would be a better solution, but I'd have to set up a print server
again.