[ale] Crazy Perl + Java question

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun May 23 14:58:01 EDT 2004

I was on my way to Home Depot to by some shelving for my ever growing
collection of technical manuals.  I purchased about 10 books in the last
2 weeks.  I'm running out of space in my home office for all this
storage.  Back on subject.... I was thinking about some classes that I
need to write in Java to use in our J2EE app that I've written in Perl.
I would like to know if there is any way to reuse that perl code so I do
not have to write more in Java?

All of the data that is returned are Strings.  I could create a simple
command line interface to the perl class and have Java execute it in a
process thread.  Is that a crazy idea?  Is there a better more efficient
way?

Chris