(SOLVED) Re: [ale] X running excruciatingly slow

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Mon May 17 21:00:08 EDT 2004

Sigh...easy fix.  Noticed one small gpm message in /var/log/messages about
failing to load atixlmouse.o.  I had been comparing my current XF86Config
to backed up older ones looking for any changes that would cause problems.
 What I *hadn't* done is take a look at what /dev/mouse was linked to.

Some rpm I've upgraded to, in the past two weeks, relinked /dev/mouse from
/dev/psaux to /dev/atibm, strangely enough.  Removing that link and
switching it back fixed the problem.

What a pain...thanks for all the help!

John
--
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right