[ale] speedfactory vs speakeasy?

Frank S. Glass glass at holos.com
Mon May 17 13:20:40 EDT 2004

Quoting Lee Hartley <h_lyric at bellsouth.net>:

> I am planning to go with one these two ISPs, I am currently moving
> towards speakeasy because they seem like a company worth supporting.but
> speedfactory is offering a faster connection for the same price I would
> be paying ( $59, speakeasy sys admin package).I know that many of you
> use these companies and I wondered if you had any thoughts about them
>
> Thanks
> Lee

I looked at the two for my home about 6 months ago.  Both have excellent
reputations for Atlanta area service.  From a technical and local presence
standpoint Speedfactory had a slight advantage, but the Speakeasy contract
was more favorable.  In particular, the automatic 1-year renewal clause
in the Speedfactory contract prevented me from going with them.

Frank

--
Frank S. Glass
Holos Software, Inc.