[ale] CSS hell

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Sat May 15 09:57:07 EDT 2004

Part of your problem stems from not specifying the DOCTYPE. If you don't specify
the proper DOCTYPE IE will always render the page in non-standards mode whereas
every other browser will use standards mode if the markup is well formed. You
should read
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/doctype.asp

Personally I recommend this DOCTYPE: