[ale] OT:Hard Drive Switcher

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Fri May 14 11:06:09 EDT 2004

I agree with you about boot loaders...  But let me say this...  Windows
sucks.  It requires for some MS crap to be on hd0 and I do not want to
reformat and move partitions on all of my drives (not right now anyway)
just so that I can have windows in hd0.  I hardly use windows anyways.
I did not want to fight the system just to boot to windows once a month.

Anyway, the way I was talking about is virtually a boot loader.  I do
NOT have to go into the bios.  There is an option I can press and it
gives a list of items I can boot from...   Floppy HDD-0 HDD-1 USB CDROM
etc...  I thought it was a pleasant surprise.

Maybe (Hopefully) I am wrong about windows needing to have garbage on
HD0 and I can get it to work.  Please let me know if I am wrong.

-Rob