[ale] OpenLDAP Question

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu May 13 13:18:11 EDT 2004

I haven't done much research yet, but from what I've read on OpenLDAP,
this idea should be possible.

I have a pseudo-extranet running, and the webmaster controls the
accounts on it via .htaccess files.  I'm building a new server to handle
all auth using LDAP (for staffers).  What I'd like to do is allow the
webmaster control over a small subset of users so she can manage their
accounts and passwords sans my help.  Anyone care to offer  any
thoughts?  Good idea, bad idea, security risk, impossible?

I'm heading out to buy a book on OpenLDAP right now.  This oughta be
interesting.

TIA
--
Jonathan Glass