[ale] DSPAM

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed May 12 22:23:51 EDT 2004

DSPAM is a big, honking bear to get setup right.

Here's the ./configure line I used that started the magic happening:

./configure --enable-trusted-user-security --enable-bayesian-dobly
--enable-chained-tokens --disable-signature-attachments --enable-bias
--enable-large-scale --with-userdir=/var/lib/dspam
--with-userdir-owner=root --with-userdir-group=mail
--with-dspam-owner=root --with-dspam-group=mail --with-signature-life=14
--disable-dependency-tracking --enable-virtual-users

I'm using the db4 stuff. One of the big gotcha's is "delivery to std
out". Don't set that to "true". To stop getting the spam delivered to
the inbox, "--disable-spam-delivery".